Due to reduced leaf volumes, the Town is no longer posting updates to our Leaf Collection Map. We do, however, continue to collect leaves throughout Town, as weather permits. Thank you for your patience with us as we finish-up yet another very successful leaf collection season.
Residential Leaf Collection Policy
Leaves will be collected in bulk with vacuum machines or loaders. Depending on the volume of leaves, it takes approximately 4-6 weeks to cover the entire town. Pick-up in the fall is from Labor Day until snow arrives. Please observe the following rules for the collections:
- Leaves should be placed at the edge of your property, NOT on the pavement, or in the gutters.
- DO NOT MIX sticks or other debris in the leaf piles, as these can cause damage to our equipment or our employees.
- Sticks and other debris must be placed in reusable waterproof containers for collection.
- Leaves placed in cardboard boxes, paper bags, or plastic bags will not be collected.
- Leaves placed in reusable waterproof containers are collected every week, year round, on your regularly scheduled collection day. (Check the yard debris section of our website to verify your collection day.)
- For safety reasons, please do not allow your children to play in the piles that are placed by the road.
- Please do not place leaf piles behind obstacles such as: trees, cars, mailboxes, fire hydrants, light poles, etc.
Leaves placed in bags (plastic or paper), in cardboard boxes, or on tarps will NOT be collected.