Our leaf collection map is live. Although the season is off to a late start, our crews are out collecting leaves. Collection occurs by quadrant, and crews move counter-clockwise throughout the Town. During the peak of the season, Town crews will typically be in your neighborhood collecting loose leaf piles every four to six weeks. They work hard collecting leaves from October through mid to late-December for all 17,000 residential properties in Town and generally complete approximately six collection cycles around Town.
While placing leaves at the curb, remember these important tips:
- Leaf piles should only contain leaves – do not mix leaves with any other yard waste like sticks, garden material, or pumpkins.
- 𝗦𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗳 𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝗿𝗲𝘂𝘀𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗿 𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗯𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝘀 (𝟱𝟬 𝗹𝗯𝘀 𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀)
- Leaves placed in bags (plastic or paper), cardboard boxes, or tarps will NOT be collected.
- Due to safety concerns, please do not pile leaves in the street or around fire hydrants.
The Town does not pick up bulk or loose leaves during the summer months. However, leaves and other loose yard debris that have been placed in reusable containers (no lids) weighing less than 50 pounds will be picked up weekly by town crews.
Residential Leaf Collection Policy
Leaves will be collected in bulk with vacuum machines or loaders. Depending on the volume of leaves, it takes approximately 4-6 weeks to cover the entire town. Pick-up in the fall is from Labor Day until snow arrives. Please observe the following rules for the collections:
- Leaves should be placed at the edge of your property, NOT on the pavement, or in the gutters.
- DO NOT MIX sticks or other debris in the leaf piles, as these can cause damage to our equipment or our employees.
- Sticks and other debris must be placed in reusable waterproof containers for collection.
- Leaves placed in cardboard boxes, paper bags, or plastic bags will not be collected.
- Leaves placed in reusable waterproof containers are collected every week, year round, on your regularly scheduled collection day. (Check the yard debris section of our website to verify your collection day.)
- For safety reasons, please do not allow your children to play in the piles that are placed by the road.
- Please do not place leaf piles behind obstacles such as: trees, cars, mailboxes, fire hydrants, light poles, etc.
Leaves placed in bags (plastic or paper), in cardboard boxes, or on tarps will NOT be collected.