Updated October 2020:
Our scheduled Fall Leaf Collection is starting! We appreciate your patience as Department of Public Works crews move quickly throughout the Town for the next month until the peak of collection season, when it can take up to six weeks to collect from all 17,000 residential properties.
Residential Leaf Collection Policy
Leaves will be collected in bulk with vacuum machines or loaders. Depending on the volume of leaves, it takes approximately 4-6 weeks to cover the entire town. Pick-up in the fall is from Labor Day until snow arrives. Please observe the following rules for the collections:
- Leaves should be placed at the edge of your property, NOT on the pavement, or in the gutters.
- DO NOT MIX sticks or other debris in the leaf piles, as these can cause damage to our equipment or our employees.
- Sticks and other debris must be placed in reusable waterproof containers for collection.
- Leaves placed in cardboard boxes, paper bags, or plastic bags will not be collected.
- Leaves placed in reusable waterproof containers are collected every week, year round, on your regularly scheduled collection day. (Check the yard debris section of our website to verify your collection day.)
- For safety reasons, please do not allow your children to play in the piles that are placed by the road.
- Please do not place leaf piles behind obstacles such as: trees, cars, mailboxes, fire hydrants, light poles, etc.
Our 2020 Fall Leaf Collection Map will be live soon! While leaf pick-up is currently ongoing, Bulk Leaf Collection will start in the peak season. Please check back for map updates.
Click the Map below to View Our Current Leaf Collection Status & Estimated Schedule
During the Fall bulk leaf collection, the schedule for Town crews to be in your neighborhood collecting loose leaf piles is typically every four to six weeks. If you have leaves to be collected in the Fall, please place them at the edge of your property (not on the pavement) in a consolidated pile. Please DO NOT MIX sticks or other yard debris in with the loose leaf pile, as this may damage our equipment.
During this time, mixed leaf and yard debris placed in reusable, waterproof containers will continue to be picked up on your regularly scheduled trash collection day.
Leaves placed in bags (plastic or paper), in cardboard boxes, or on tarps will NOT be collected.
Bulk leaves are collected by quadrant (NE, NW, SW, SE). Crews move counter clockwise throughout town.