NY State Law requires every dog over four months of age to be licensed annually by the local municipality in which they reside. The Town of Perinton issues dog licenses for residents in the Town of Perinton & the Village of Fairport, in accordance with Chapter 78 of the Town Code. Once a dog is licensed, the Town Clerk’s office will mail renewal notices each year.
CONSIDER USING ONLINE RENEWAL ($1.75 convenience fee w/Credit or Debit card)
Link to online renewal: https://dogs.egov.basgov.com/Dogs/Search?munirecid=113
Current rabies must be on file with the Town for online renewal. If not, submit rabies renewals to the Town via fax (585.223.3629) or email to JWest@perinton.org . Allow at least 24hrs for online system to sync with your updated rabies info.
NOTE: ONLY USE THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF LICENSE NUMBER ON TAG – as referenced on renewal form
NEW (FIRST TIME) DOG LICENSES can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office or by mail.
Required Information to obtain a Dog License:
- Proof of current rabies vaccination*
- Proof of spay or neuter, if applicable*
- Name of Veterinary Office that administered rabies vaccination
- Name, address, phone number and e-mail address of dog owner
- Description of dog (breed, color, name & birth year)
- Payment of the appropriate fee
- Proof of age if 65 or older (for senior discount)
*returned to owner along with license document & permanent license tag.
Dog License Fees:
- Un-neutered or un-spayed dog $20
- Spayed/neutered dog $10
- Senior discount – $5 discount on above fees for any owner over 65 years of age
- Payment accepted in the form of cash, check or credit card. (Checks payable to the Town of Perinton)