The Receiver of Taxes is responsible for collecting Town, County and School taxes within the Town of Perinton. The Receiver collects for Fairport, East Rochester, Penfield, Pittsford and Victor School District properties that lie within the Town limits. The Tax Office is also responsible for assisting with all questions and requests regarding tax information.
Important Tax Information
OFFICE HOURS: 9:00AM – 5:00PM Monday – Friday
HAVE A QUESTION? Contact us
TAX DUE DATES
- Town & County Taxes: Due February 10th
Town & County tax bills are mailed on the last business day of December each year.
- School Taxes: Due October 1st
School tax bills are mailed on the last business day of August each year.
- Village Taxes: Due July 1st (Residents located in the village ONLY)
Village tax bills are mailed out the last business day of May each year. (Village tax payments should be made at the Village Hall located at 31 South Main Street, Fairport, NY 14450)
*Any time a DUE DATE falls on a day in which the Town Offices are closed, or if the Post Office is closed, payments will be accepted on the NEXT BUSINESS DAY without penalty or additional interest due.
ALL NON-ESCROW HOMEOWNERS: If for any reason you DO NOT receive your tax bills within the first week of mailing, please visit the Monroe County website mentioned above or contact the Tax Office at (585) 223-0770 for a copy.
According to the Real Property Tax Law §922, the failure to mail any statement or the failure of the owner of property to receive the statement does not in any way affect the validity of the taxes or interest prescribed by law.
The Town Tax Office is by law unable to forgive penalties under any circumstance.
- Online Bank Payments: Banks discourage the use of on-line banking for tax payments because the bank WILL NOT guarantee your payment will be delivered to our office by the due date. On-line bank checks arrive in our office with no U.S. Postmark so we must use the date the payment arrives in the office. If mail is lost or delayed by the Post Office, you will be responsible for any accrued interest.
- Payment by Mail: The Town of Perinton honors the U.S. Postmark date as the official date of any payment that is mailed. Any payments Postmarked on the DUE DATE will be considered ON TIME and will be used to determine the date of payment and the amount of interest due with that payment. Real property tax payments delivered by the U.S. Postal Service after the due date that do not contain an official U.S. Postmark but rather contain a postage meter mark are not considered timely. It is strongly suggested, if payment is mailed on the due date, go into the Post Office and have the date HAND STAMPED by a Postal Employee.
- Acceptable forms of payment are: Cash, Personal Check, Certified or Cashier’s Check, Money Order.
- Payment by Check: Checks should be made payable to Jennifer A. West, Receiver of Taxes. Please include your property address and phone number on the check in case we need to contact you with a question or concern.
- Payment by Credit Card: You may pay with a credit card by going online to www.monroecounty.gov. A 3% service fee is charged by the credit card company based on the amount of payment.
- Payment by electronic check: Available via internet at www.monroecounty.gov. A sliding scale fee is charged based on the amount of payment.
Tax information and copies of tax bills can be found on the Monroe County website at www.monroecounty.gov
- Go to the Monroe County home page by clicking the above link
- From Top Online Services (right side of homepage), click on View/Pay Taxes Online,
- Agree to the Real Property Portal disclaimer by selecting I Agree
- Enter your house number & street name (select from pulldown menu if similar addresses appear), click on Search; your property will appear on new screen w/aerial view.
- Select Pay Property Taxes (green icon, upper right) to view property tax information
From here, you can view or print tax info (select from the 4 icons at top of page):
- School Tax Statement – most current school tax bill (same as mailed bill)
- Combined Town/County Tax Statement – most current Town/Cty tax bill (same as mailed bill)
- Duplicate School Statement – indicates payments & current balance
- Duplicate Combined Statement – indicates payments & current balance
Also, from here you can click on Payment History, Pay Taxes or other icons at bottom of screen!
Tax Drop Box (Located out front of the Town Hall)
We understand that life is hectic and making your tax payment during normal Town hours is not always a possibility. By installing the tax drop box, residents will now have the option to drop off their payments before or after Town business hours and even on weekends.
Some important things to remember when using the drop box:
- Payment must be made with a check – NO CASH ALLOWED
- Place check and two-page bill OR corresponding installment stub in envelope and insert in the drop box (please adhere to all deadlines and interest)
- All payments will be stamped with the following business day’s date (with the exception to due dates)
- All out of balance payments will be returned
- A paid tax receipt will be mailed once payments have been received and posted