The Town of Perinton Tax receiver is responsible for collecting taxes twice a year within the Town of Perinton. The Receiver collects for Town and County taxes, as well as School taxes for Fairport, East Rochester, Penfield, Pittsford and Victor School District properties that lie within the Town limits. The Tax Office is also responsible for assisting in all questions and requests regarding tax information.
Important Tax Information
OFFICE HOURS: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday – Friday
PHONE: (585) 223-0770
HAVE A QUESTION? Contact us
TAX DUE DATES
- Town & County Taxes: Due February 10.
Town & County tax bills are mailed on the last business day of December each year.
- School Taxes: Due October 1.
School tax bills are mailed on the last business day of August each year.
- Village Taxes: Due July 1. (Residents located in the village ONLY)
Village tax bills are mailed out the last business day of May each year. (Village tax payments should be made at the Village Hall located at 31 South Main Street, Fairport, NY 14450)
*Any time a DUE DATE falls on a day in which the Town Offices are closed, or if the Post Office is closed, payments will be accepted on the NEXT BUSINESS DAY without penalty or additional interest due.
ALL NON-ESCROW HOMEOWNERS: If for any reason you DO NOT receive your tax bills within the first week of mailing, please visit the Monroe County website mentioned above or contact the Tax Office at (585) 223-0770 for a copy.
According to the Real Property Tax Law §922, the failure to mail any statement or the failure of the owner of property to receive the statement does not in any way affect the validity of the taxes or interest prescribed by law.
The Town Tax Office is by law unable to forgive penalties under any circumstance.
- By check or cash in person at the Town Tax Office (9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday)
- By check via mail (receipt date determined by U.S. postmark only)
*Online Bank Payments – Banks discourage the use of online banking for tax payments because they cannot guarantee your payment will be delivered to our office by the due date. Online bank checks arrive in our office with no US postmark so we must go by the day it arrives in office. If you utilize online banking, you do so at your own risk.
- By check in the Town Tax Drop Box located out front of the Town Hall – open 24 hours (Must be in tax drop box by end day on tax due dates to ensure no additional interest
- By credit card online at www.monroecounty.gov – A fee equaling 2.75% of the total amount paid for any transactions greater than $100 will be charged by the credit card company when paying by credit or debit card. Payments of $100 or less will be charged a flat fee of $2.75
- By electronic check online at www.monroecounty.gov – A sliding scale fee is charged based on the amount of payment.
*In the event that the due date falls on the weekend or holiday, payment will be accepted the next business day without penalty or additional interest due.
Tax information and copies of tax bills can be found on the Monroe County website at www.monroecounty.gov
- Go to the Monroe County home page by clicking the above link
- Agree to the Real Property Portal disclaimer by selecting I Agree
- Enter your house number & street name (select from pulldown menu if similar addresses appear), click on Search; your property will appear on new screen w/aerial view.
- Select Pay Property Taxes (green icon, upper right) to view property tax information
From here, you can view or print tax info (select from the 4 icons at top of page):
- School Tax Statement – most current school tax bill (same as mailed bill)
- Combined Town/County Tax Statement – most current Town/Cty tax bill (same as mailed bill)
- Duplicate School Statement – indicates payments & current balance
- Duplicate Combined Statement – indicates payments & current balance
Also, from here you can click on Payment History, Pay Taxes or other icons at bottom of screen!
Tax Drop Box (Located out front of the Town Hall)
We understand that life is hectic and making your tax payment during normal Town hours is not always a possibility. By installing the tax drop box, residents will now have the option to drop off their payments before or after Town business hours and even on weekends.
Some important things to remember when using the drop box:
- Payment must be made with a check – NO CASH ALLOWED
- Place check and two-page bill OR corresponding installment stub in envelope and insert in the drop box (please adhere to all deadlines and interest)
- All payments will be stamped with the following business day’s date (with the exception to due dates)
- All out of balance payments will be returned
- A paid tax receipt will be mailed once payments have been received and posted
Email: Tax Receiver
Debbie D. Brown