TOWN OF PERINTON
Last updated: Oct. 2, 2020
- The Town of Perinton has reopened. The Town Hall will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. If you are not feeling well or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, the Town asks that you not come to Town Hall. We encourage visitors to wear masks and one will be provided upon request. We will also provide hand sanitizer stations throughout the building. The Town strongly encourages residents to conduct business with the Town via phone or email if at all possible. We also have a drop box located outside the Perinton Community Center for after-hours transactions. As a reminder, Monroe County has closed all mobile DMV offices for the remainder of 2020.
- All board meetings will be held virtually until further notice. Join via computer using StarLeaf or audio only by calling (669) 800-5335 or (669) 202-3202. We will provide the meeting ID when we post the agenda for each meeting. If you would like to speak at the meeting via computer, click on the Raise Your Hand icon. If you would like to speak at the meeting via phone, or are having problems raising your hand, stay on the line and text or call (585) 678-5042.
- E-Z Pass On-the-Go tags for passenger vehicles can now be purchased in the Town of Perinton Clerk’s Office. To purchase a tag, please call (585) 223-0770. The tags cost $25 and come with a pamphlet with info on how to register with NYS EZPass. After you register your tag, the $25 fee is moved to your account. The tag provides users a discount on tolls in New York State and 14 neighboring states. By then end of 2020, the New York State Thruway still plans to use cashless tolling exclusively: www.thruway.ny.gov/cashless/cashless-tolls.html. For more information on the E-ZPass On-the-Go, go to www.e-zpassny.com
Recreation and Parks Department
- The Fitness Center has reopened on a limited basis of 1/3 capacity! Current pass holders will be emailed directly with this information. Patrons will be able to reserve your time slot exactly one week prior here: http://bit.ly/35HapHx
- The Town of Perinton has reopened its playgrounds. We still ask residents to use caution when bringing children to playgrounds and follow COVID-19 guidelines. If you choose to visit a playground: Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet away from people you don’t live with. Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after visiting playground. Adults and older children who can safely use hand sanitizer: Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol and run hands together until dry, if soap and water are not available. Wear a cloth face covering if you can. Cloth face coverings should not be placed on: Children under age 2; Anyone who has trouble breathing; Anyone who is unconscious, can’t move, or is otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance.
- The 55+ Center in the PCC has yet to reopen.
- Curbside lunches are offered to seniors weekly: https://perintondev.wpengine.com/departments/randp/recreation/55-plus-program/curbside-menu/
- Perinton Senior Helpline: (585) 209-3205: A 24/7 resource for Perinton seniors who need resources or assistance while dealing with COVID-19. Volunteers are ready for your call! If you are feeling ill, call your primary care physician. In the case of a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
Perinton Food Shelf
- The Town is still accepting donations to the food shelf. Please bring your donations to the Town Hall and follow the signs to the back door. You can leave your items in the bins on the table. Donations are crucial during this time.
The Monroe County Clerk’s Office announced it will keep the Mobile DMVs, including the Perinton Town Hall, closed for the rest of 2020. The state has suspended driver’s license renewals, car registrations and auto inspections until further notice. If you have questions, please email DMVcovid19@monroecounty.gov
For More Information
- For more information from New York State, go to: https://www.health.ny.gov/
- For more information from Monroe County, go to: www2.monroecounty.gov/health-coronavirus
- For key numbers related to the Coronavirus in Monroe County, which are updated every day at 4 p.m., go to: mappingmonroe.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#
- For more information from the CDC, go to: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html