Phone: (585) 223-0770
The Communications department is responsible for communications between the Town and the residents of Perinton. The department also is responsible for communications between Town officials and the media.
The Communications Department
- Posts on and monitors the Town’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Maintains the Town’s website (Perinton.org).
- Plans and edits the Town’s quarterly Newsletter, which appears in the Recreation & Parks brochure.
- Sends out alerts to residents through the Town’s alert system PASS (Perinton Alert Services System).
- Writes press releases and coordinates interviews between Town officials and the media.
- Submits articles and Town news releases to the Post newspaper.
- Leads the Town’s Communications Committee.
- Compiles the monthly e-newsletter for the Recreation Department.
- Coordinates with surrounding communities on issues that affect the Town.
- Inform the residents of Perinton of anything pertaining to the Town.
Social Media Guidelines
In order to retain a helpful and positive community atmosphere on social media, we reserve the right to remove any offensive or inappropriate comments without any notification and at our sole discretion. We will remove any comments that violate the following guidelines:
• No offensive language
• Comments must remain on-topic and be in good taste.
• No deliberate attacks on or harassment of an individual or group.
• No illegal content or copyright/trademark infringement.
• No spamming with the same or similar message.
• No campaigning, promotional comments, or link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site).
• No use of robot, automatic, macro, programmed or similar posting methods.
• No publishing false information for the purpose of defamation of the Town of Perinton.
In addition to removing posts for violating the above guidelines we also reserve the right to block users from our page who repeatedly violate the above guidelines or repeatedly refuse assistance. In order to protect our employees’ privacy, we will remove any comments that mention an employee by name or uses other personal identifiers.
Enjoy your community, play nice and respect everyone else’s right to transmit their voice in this social space.
The Town strives to answer all questions posed on social media as soon as possible. There will be times when a response is not made right away, but we will get back to you with an answer as quickly as possible.
Please note that comments by fans of the Town of Perinton social media pages do not necessarily reflect or represent the opinions of the Town of Perinton, nor does the Town of Perinton endorse or confirm the accuracy of any opinions expressed.
(585) 223-0770 x 1126