Election Schedule 2020
|Presidential Primary (postponed from 4/28)||June 23, 2020||6AM – 9PM|
|Primary Election||June 23, 2020||6AM – 9PM|
|General Election||November 3, 2020||6AM – 9PM|
*Early Voting available at several locations/times in Monroe County.
How do I register to vote?
- Pick up an application in the Perinton Town Clerk’s Office – Town Hall, 1350 Turk Hill Rd (Monday – Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM)
- In person at the Monroe County Board of Elections, 39 W. Main Street, Rochester (Monday – Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM)
- ONLINE thru the DMV Motor Voter page; select the USE the MV Electronic Voter Registration Application halfway down the page.
- Call the Monroe County Board of Elections at 585.753.1550 to request a voter application be mailed to you.
- Download a NYS Voter Registration Form. Complete, print & sign the form; mail to the Monroe County Board of Elections, 39 W. Main Street, Rochester, NY 14614
- Your completed application must be mailed or delivered to Monroe County Board of Elections no later than 25 days before the election in which you want to vote.
What are the qualifications to register to vote?
- You must be 18 years of age by the date of the election in which you want to vote
- You must be a United States Citizen
- You must be a resident of Monroe County for 30 days prior to the election
- You must not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction
- You must not be claiming the right to vote elsewhere
Where do I go to vote?
The Town Clerk’s staff can answer questions regarding your election district, polling site locations, & voting hours. Call 585.223.0770 for assistance.
What are the qualifications for Absentee Voters?
Voters may qualify to vote by absentee ballot if duties, occupation, business or vacation requires them to be absent from their county of residence on Election Day or if confined by illness, physical disability or for some other reason either on a temporary or permanent basis.
Mail via USPS to: Monroe County Board of Elections, Absentee Dept., 39 W Main St, Rochester, NY 14614
How do I change my party enrollment or other information?
- Once you register, you are permanently registered unless you move.
- Name, address or party enrollment changes can be made by submitting a new registration form.
- If you move, your notice of change of address must be received by the Board of Elections up to:
- 25 days before the election in which you seek to vote if mailed.
- Or, 20 days before the election in which you seek to vote if applying in person.
- After notifying the County Board of Elections you may call for your new polling site where you will be allowed to vote on a paper ballot.
- A change of enrollment takes effect following the first general election occurring at least 25 days after the form is filed.
Where can I pick up a voter registration application in Perinton?
Voter registration forms are available at the Town Clerk’s office – Town Hall, 1350 Turk Hill Road. Call us at 585.223.0770 for assistance.